Wednesday 29 June 2016

60 Seconds with John Nicholl

John Nicholl is a new name in British crime thriller writing. His debut novel, White is the Coldest Colour, a chilling dark psychological suspense thriller, draws on the author's experiences as a police officer and social worker. The novel entered the Amazon UK top 100 bestsellers chart after just 15 days, and reached # 1 in British Detectives and Vigilante Justice.

The sequel: When Evil Calls Your Name, was published in December 2015, and quickly reached # 1 in Biographies and Memoirs of Women in the UK, # 1 in Biographies and Memoirs of Criminals in Australia, and # 1 in Violence in Society in the USA.

1. Tell us a little about you and your writing.

I write dark and topical psychological suspense thrillers, which draw on my experiences as a police officer and child protection social worker.

2. What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Being my own boss. (But don’t tell the wife that.)

3. And the worst?

Accepting that you can’t please everyone.

4. If you weren’t a writer, what job would you be doing now?

I’d be living a life of leisure. Well, no one can stop me dreaming.

5. Do you have a special writing place?

 If only! Perhaps I’ll have somewhere in the warm sun with a view of the sea one day.



6. Which writers to you most admire and why?

I’ll have to narrow it down, or it’s going to be a long list. Let’s say Kurt Vonnegut for his originality, Paulo Coelho for his insight, and Leslie Thomas for his humour.

7. If you could choose a different genre to write in for just one book – what would it be and why?
Something uplifting and life affirming; something that expounds hope and optimism. Something to remind me and others of life’s positives.

8. Why psychological thrillers – what attracts you to the genre?

I guess, given my career, psychological thrillers chose me.

9. What are your future writing plans?

I’m writing a third dark psychological thriller at the moment, and hope to have it finished by September. Once it’s finished, I’ll go from there.


You can find John at http://www.johnnicholl.com/






















4 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me on your blog, it's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. Thanks for sharing this post with us. If you wish to induce a bracelet for yourself, handwriting bracelet you'll decide the planning vogue, and color that pleases you so as for you to come back up with a chic you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete